Webpanel is the heart of the entire system.
It works as central point for modules:
- Data receiver,
- Firmware Life-Cycle,
- OTA Updates,
- OTA configurations,
- Data management and visualizations,
- Livedashboard management,
- Screen management and service load,
- Live data server for livedashboard,
- And I think more in the future.
If you are considering safety and privacy read this post.
Some modules of webpanel need registration to be able to function properly. But only needed data is Your email address. No personal information like address, name etc. are used.
For example to use my Homekit firmware (modules 3,4,5) You don’t need account. Just remember you devID and secret key autogenerate in flashing process.
The entire system has been design with attention to security. All connections is encrypted with SSL certificate (TLS, SSL3.0 is disabled by default):
- OTA process and ESP communication,
- Access from browsers,
- Live dashboard authentication and data load,
- Authentication process,
- Data send,
Webpanel use 4 domains:
- webpanel.dziky.pl (Main servies) SSL Trusted
- hit.dziky.pl (data receive service) SSL Trusted
- connect.dziky.pl (Firmware connection point) SSL Self-Generated, fingerprint embedded in the program code.
- old-screen.dziky.pl (live dashboard access for old browser don’t support TLS encryption) SSL Trusted SSL3.0 enabled